CSU Scholarship Opportunities
Martin Luther King, Jr. Scholarship
McNair Scholars Program
McPherson Graduate Scholarship
Office of Nationally Competitive Scholarship Programs
The Information Science and Technology Center (ISTeC) Doctoral Student Scholar Award
Non-CSU Scholarship Opportunities
American Nuclear Society
- Scholarship and internship opportunities are available.
Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute (CHCI) Scholarship Programs
- Description: A non-profit and non-partisan educational organization established to develop the next generation of Latino leaders. CHCI seeks to accomplish this by offering educational and leadership development programs, services, and activities that promote the growth of its participants as effective professionals and strong leaders.
George Melendez Wright Student Travel Scholarships
- Description: These scholarships encourage minority students from diverse ethnic, racial, and cultural backgrounds to participate in the Society's biennial conferences and enhance their interest in the conservation and preservation of parks, protected areas, and cultural sites throughout the world. The goal of the scholarship is to encourage greater ethnic, racial, and cultural diversity among the park professions.
Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Graduate Scholarships
- Description: These scholarship programs are designed to encourage and support outstanding students who work hard, demonstrate a strong will to succeed, and have financial need.
Kaiser Permanente Colorado Diversity Scholarship Program
- Description: This program was created as a community outreach effort to financially assist students pursuing an education for any career associated within health care. All of the awards go to students of diverse populations in hopes of having an impact on the shortage of diverse health care and public health professionals.
Loveland AAUW Graduate Scholarship
- Description: This is a $1000 graduate scholarship for a woman from the Loveland-Berthoud area, and is available through the Loveland Branch of the American Association of University Women. It is available to a female who has graduated from an accredited four-year college and is pursuing a graduate degree.
Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund
- Description: Since 1981 the Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund (MMMF), a 501(c)(3), not-for-profit, public charity, has awarded scholarships to outstanding women from developing countries, who are completing degrees at US/Canadian universities and are committed to improving the wellbeing of women and children in developing countries.
National Potato Council Auxiliary Scholarship
- Description: The National Potato Council has established scholarships to honor graduate students pursuing advanced studies to meliorate the potato industry.
- View nationally coveted scholarships, fellowships, and postdoctoral awards for college students.
The 2010 Newport Symposium Scholarship
- The Newport Symposium Scholarship Fund has been established to assist museum staff and graduate students interested in attending the Symposium. Scholarships are for $500. Visit the above website for application information.
The Science, Mathematics and Research for Transformation (SMART) Scholarship for Service
- This program has been established by the Department of Defense (DoD) to support undergraduate and graduate students pursuing degrees in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) disciplines. The program aims to increase the number of civilian scientists and engineers working at DoD laboratories.
The University of Arizona NIH/ISMD Graduate Scholars Program
- Description: For prospective graduate students interested in a Ph.D. in the biomedical sciences. The program's intent is to guarantee five years of funding to those who are admitted into one of 16 biomedical graduate programs at the University of Arizona.
United Negro College Fund (UNCF)/Merck Science Initiative Research Scholarships
- Description: The UNCF/Merck Science Initiative is dedicated to supporting the training of world-class African American biomedical scientists and to achieving the complementary goals of national economic competitiveness and social diversity.
Western Association of Graduate Schools 2009-2010 WAGS/UMI Distinguished Master's Thesis Award
Western Association of Graduate Schools 2009-2010 WAGS/UMI Innovation in Technology Award
Online Search Resources
SPIN - An electronic search engine, which provides current and available sources of funds and sponsorships. SPIN is a computer database with detailed and up-to- the minute information about thousands of Federal and Non-Federal and International funding opportunities.
Next Wave - Focus is on career development for young researchers and produced by the non-profit American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) and Science magazine. The primary audience is graduate and post doctorate students and, but also some faculty, staff, career counselors and administrators access the site.